Job Opportunities

Howard G Sackett Technical Center Openings

Note: Click on a job title to learn more about the position.

Position TitleJob NumberJob DescriptionPay Scale
Secondary Science Teacher - Long Term AssignmentScience HG 6.5.2020

Secondary Science Teacher – Long Term Assignment (Anticipated 9/1/20) with potential of a Full Time Appointment on December 1, 2020

The successful candidate will work collaboratively with a team of educators to provide science instruction integrated in the Career and Technical Education program. 

     Duties include:

  • Collaborative planning and delivery of scientific concepts and science standards related to Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts, Cosmetology, Automotive, Auto Body, Electrical Trades, etc.
  • Utilize non-traditional approach and inventive teaching strategies to teach commencement level science in a CTE setting
  • Utilize motivational strategies to help students to succeed

SALARY: $236.65 - $268.65 per day – (with Board of Ed. Approval) with possibility of becoming full time in November 2020 and then following the current negotiated agreement with the BOCES Professional Association salary schedule of $47,330 – $53,730. Commensurate with certification and experience

$236.65-$268.65 per day-(w/ Board of Ed. Approval)

The Jefferson-Lewis-Hamilton-Herkimer-Oneida BOCES (Jefferson-Lewis BOCES) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle complaints/inquiries regarding the BOCES non-discrimination policies: George Shaffer III, Esq., Director, Employer-Employee Relations, at Jefferson-Lewis BOCES, 20104 State Route 3, Watertown, NY 13601, or via email or phone at or (315) 779-7045. For further information on this notice of non-discrimination, visit: for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481. Please note that those wishing to file a complaint may also do so through the Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights at