Reports to: Director of Employer/Employee Relations
Location: Jefferson-Lewis BOCES, Administration Building
20104 State Route 3, Watertown, New York 13601
Salary: Competitive, $65,000+ dependent upon experience
Benefits: Excellent health insurance, retirement, fringe benefits available
- Serves in capacity as In-House General Legal Counsel for subscribing component school districts
- Responsible professional legal work performed with considerable leeway for the exercise of independent judgement in the analysis and disposition of cases for a school district.
- Duties are performed according to established legal procedure and objectives outlined by the Board of Education. Final responsibility for accurate and efficient performance of legal work is vested in this position.
- Attends to all suits and other matters to which the school district is a party; renders opinion orally or in writing whenever required by the Board of Education or other school official.
- Approves forms given to and contracts made with board.
- Drafts and approves proposed regulations and other legal documents.
- Reviews legal matters and questions rendering opinions and advice for Board of Education.
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of law; ability to get along well with others; conscientiousness and thoroughness; interest in maintaining a high standard of professional ethics; good professional judgment; good physical condition.
- Work schedule includes occasional travel and evening meetings
- Does related work as required.